Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Important Note: Beginning November 2017, iCIMS is requiring candidates who wish to access iCIMS associated career portals to use browsers with TLS 1.2 (or higher) encryption enabled. To test your access and learn more about this requirement, see Understanding the TLS 1.2 Requirement.
iCIMS is a third-party service provider that supplies software to companies for their use in the recruitment process. iCIMS is not involved in making any of the hiring decisions for the company you have applied to in using our software. As a result, there are specific requests we are unable to assist with, including the following:
- We cannot provide you your username or password for security reasons. Our system only allows for a password reset link being sent to your email address, which you must request yourself.
- We cannot update/change/delete any information contained within your profile; this may only be done on your own or by the company that you have applied to (if they choose to do so on your behalf).
- We cannot resend links or emails previously sent to you by a member of the recruiting team of the company where you have applied.
- We cannot share with you your status or progress in any job for which you have applied.
For assistance with any of the above items, please contact the company you have applied to.
The following frequently asked questions are covered within this resource. Click a linked question below to jump to that question and its answer.
- Resetting Your Password
- Applying to a Job
- Job Notifications and Communications
- Updating and Submitting Your Profile and/or Resume
- Referring a Friend
- Searching for a Job
How can I reset my password? top
- Click the Log back in! link, located on the top right of every Portal page.
- Click the Reset Password link, located below the Login Name and Password fields on the Login page. The Reset Password popup will display.
- On the Password Reset popup, enter the email address you used when you originally created your profile. (If you enter a different email address not in the system, your password cannot be reset.)
- Check your email, and click the link provided to follow the reset password steps.
Tip: Need more help? Watch this quick video tutorial on changing your password.
How can I apply for a specific job? top
- Select the title of the job that you wish to apply for.
- Click the Apply for this Job Online button and follow subsequent steps on your screen.
- Select the title of the job that you wish to apply for.
- Click the Apply for this Job Online button, and then click the appropriate Create with... social media button under the New Candidates section of the page.
- Log in to your social account and click the appropriate button to grant iCIMS permission to access your profile information. (Note: You are not only logging in to your account, but also giving iCIMS permission to access your social profile.)
If you are a returning candidate, click the Log back in! link from the top right of the page or the login link in the Returning Candidates section of the page to log in. Then, proceed with step 1 above.
If you are already logged in to your social account, simply click the appropriate button to allow iCIMS to access your profile information.
If you are not already signed up for a social account, you can sign up by clicking the appropriate Join Now or Sign Up button on the social media pop-up.
- Modify the information that was transferred automatically into the Career Portal from your social account, if necessary. (If you decide you want to decouple the accounts, select the Disconnect or Unlink account link to reset the page and unlink your account.)
- Use the resume details populated from your social media account, or click one of the available buttons and follow the steps to upload or paste a new resume into your application, and then click Submit Profile to continue. (Note: Uploading a new resume will replace existing data in your application.)
- Tip: If available, select the checkbox beside Upload Resume at a later time to continue without uploading a resume at this time. Please note that you may need to upload a resume to have a complete application.
How can I apply for a job using a resume? top
- Click the Apply for this Job Online button, and then click the Create with Resume button within the New Candidates section of the page.
- Select an option to upload your resume, or paste it into the resume field, if available. (The options available to upload a resume depend on a company's preferences and may vary. The steps below include all possible methods, including uploading from a computer or mobile device, Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.)
- To upload a resume from your computer or mobile device, select My Computer (or My Device) and select the appropriate file. Then, click Open.
- To upload a resume from an existing Google Drive account, select the Google Drive button, log in, and click Accept to allow access to your account. Finally, select the appropriate file and click Select.
- To upload a resume from an existing Dropbox account, select Dropbox, log in, and select the appropriate file. Click Choose to continue.
- To upload a resume from an existing OneDrive account, select the OneDrive button, log in, and click Accept to allow access to your account. Finally, select the appropriate file and click Open.
- Select Submit Resume to proceed with your application.
How can I apply for multiple positions? top
There are no limits to how many jobs you can apply for. However, you can only apply for one position at a time. This means that after applying to your first job, you are able to return to the company's main Portal page and select an additional position to apply for, and then repeat the process as necessary.
As long as you are logged in, your subsequent applications for that company's jobs will not require you to re-enter your resume or basic contact information, as this information will already be attached to your profile.
How can I check on my status for a job I have applied to? top
- Log in to your existing profile.
- Your Candidate Dashboard will display. Here you can review the positions you’ve previously applied to and also see the status next to the job title.
- Tip: Select Continue Application to finish your application for a specific job. Select Withdraw beside a job to withdraw your application for that specific position. These buttons display in the Actions column, if available. (Not all companies provide access to both buttons.)
How can I connect with a company to receive updates on jobs, invitations to future events, and stay informed of opportunities? top
- Select the Connect with us link on the Welcome page. (Note: If this link is not available, you must apply for a specific open position and follow the normal application steps.)
- Enter your email address and click Sign Up, OR select an external social account to use the information there to pre-populate your profile and click Continue.
- Check off all areas of interest that you would like to subscribe to. (Click the Show Details link to view information about each area of interest.) Proceed by clicking the Continue button.
- Upload your resume by clicking one of the available options and selecting your resume. Then, click the Upload button. (Or, select Skip if you do not wish to provide a resume.)
- Review the information parsed from your resume or social account (if applicable), and fill in any additional required information.
- Click the Submit Profile button to finish your profile. A thank-you message will then display, confirming that you have connected with the company. You may also receive a list of jobs that fit the interests you indicated, as well as a link to view all of the company's open positions.
How can I receive notifications about new job openings (or stop or renew these notifications)? top
Applicants are able to create job search agents—saved notifications that alert them by email whenever a job matching their previous search interests has been posted.
- Use filters to search for positions of interest to you, and click the Search button.
- On the Job Listings page, which displays jobs that match your search, scroll down to the Job Search Agent Options section. Then, name your search agent and click the Create Agent button.
- To disable these notifications in the future, log in to your existing profile and click the Manage your search agents button. Then, select the checkbox(es) for all agents that you wish to stop and click the Delete Selected Agents button.
- Job search agents may expire after a period of time, depending on the company's preferences. (You will receive an email notification before your agent expires.) To renew a search agent, log in to your existing profile and click the Manage your search agents button. Then, select the checkbox(ex) for all agents you wish to renew and click the Renew Selected Agents button.
How can I prevent a company's emails from going to my spam/junk folder? top
Many email providers have increasingly stringent spam filters that can trap legitimate emails. This often includes emails sent automatically, such as job application confirmations or company newsletters; it can also include emails sent to you personally, such as interview invitations.
If you notice that emails from companies you have connected with or applied to are going to your spam folder, you may need to adjust your spam filters.
The terminology and steps to take these actions will depend on your email provider, but the idea is generally the same—you need to find the email in your spam folder and indicate that either the message or its sender is not spam. (Please note that the email address you receive emails from is company-specific; please ask your point of contact within the company to find out what email address you should look for/whitelist, if possible.)
Links to some of the most common email providers’ help information regarding spam can be found below.
How can I update my profile information (including my resume)? top
- Log in to your existing profile, and then select the Update your profile button.
- Enter any updates to your personal information or resume, and click the Update Profile button.
Are there any formatting best practices for resumes to be parsed successfully? top
In order to promote successful parsing of your resume, iCIMS recommends putting your name and contact information within the body of the resume (rather than solely within the header or footer of the document). iCIMS also recommends against putting important text within tables, text boxes/shapes, images, or annotations.
Can I submit my resume for general consideration, rather than applying to a specific job? top
Some companies allow candidates to submit their resume for general consideration, allowing your resume to be placed in the company’s recruiting system without applying to a specific position.
If the company you are applying to allows this, there will be a connect with us or submit your resume link on the Career Portal's Welcome page. (If neither link is available, you must apply for a specific open position and follow the normal application steps as described earlier in this FAQ.)
How can I log in and out if I already have a profile? top
- Click the Log back in! link, located on the top right of every Portal page.
- Enter your Login Name and Password, and then click the Login button to return to your existing profile. (Or, if you previously created your profile with a social media account, select the correct social network to log in.)
How can I refer a friend? top
- Select a job that you wish to refer someone to.
- Select the Email this job to a friend button.
- Complete all required fields, and then click the Submit Referral or Email your Friend button.
- Both you and the person that you refer will receive an email notification with further details.
- If you are logged in, you will not have to provide your name or email when referring a friend.
How can I search for a job? top
- On a company's Career Portal, type in Keywords or use other filters (e.g., Category, Location) to search for open positions that match your specific job interests.
- Click Search to view your results.
- Typically, the keyword search will search for all of the words you enter, meaning that the keyword search “graphic designer” will return results where the job contains the words “graphic” AND “designer.” Depending on the employer’s configuration, you may be able to select between All Keywords and Any Keywords to change this behavior. (Note: Keyword search does not accept Boolean search terms at this time.)
- Filters available may include Keywords, Location, Category, and Position Type.
- If available, select (Current Location) from the Location dropdown list to view jobs near you. (Note: If Current Location is available and has been selected, your browser will ask for permission for the site to access your current location. The message will vary from browser to browser.)
- If available, select (Zip Code) from the Location dropdown list to enter your preferred zip code for job results. (Note: This option may not be available for all countries or clients.)
- If you choose to use more than one filter, your results will meet all of the criteria you have selected.
iCIMS is committed to providing the best experience and the highest levels of security possible for all users of its recruitment software. In order to ensure all personal data is secure, iCIMS is requiring all candidates who wish to search for and apply to jobs on iCIMS associated career portals to use browsers with TLS 1.2 (or higher) encryption enabled beginning November 2017.
Recent versions of modern browsers like Edge, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, as well as Internet Explorer 11, already support TLS 1.2 encryption by default. If you are using one of these browsers, this change is unlikely to affect you. If you are unsure what browser you are using or if it has TLS 1.2 encryption enabled, visit the following website to test your access: https://tls-portals.icims.com/
If you are using an older browser or the above test indicated your browser does not have TLS 1.2 enabled, it is recommended you update to the most recent version of the browser before November 2017 to avoid interruptions to your access to the career site.
If you are using Internet Explorer 10, update to Internet Explorer 11 or follow the steps below to enable TLS 1.2:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Expand the Tools menu by selecting the gear icon in the top right of the browser. Then, select Internet Options. The Internet Options window will display.
- On the Internet Options window, click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll through the settings listed on the Advanced tab and locate the Security section. Select Use TLS 1.2.
- Click OK to finalize your changes.